Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ashlyn is four and a half!






















We celebrated Ashlyn's four and HALF birthday on Friday and she was soo excited! She always makes a point of telling people that she's four and Landen is four and half, so this half birthday was very special to her! ( I didn't have the heart to point out to her that while she's finally hit the four and a half point, Landen kept growing up, too and is older than four and half.) She told her whole class at school and just was so happy. She wanted to know where her party was! I didn't throw a party but she blew out a candle on a oreo cookie cakester. In light of her growing up, (which totally goes against our deal with her NOT to grow up!) I decided to post some older, baby Ashlyn pictures. It's so weird, I barely remember a time as a mom without Ava, but when I look at baby Ashlyn pictures, I am struck with how much Ashlyn taught me about everything- life, parenting, patience, love, and even myself! Poor first kids! They're the test runs! Oh well, I think she's turned out pretty great, so far!

6 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I love baby pictures! You must've posted these just for me! Ashlyn was a darling little baby!

Mary B said...

Ahhhhhh... How are our kids getting so big?! Wait 'til Landen finds out they're the SAME AGE again!

It's true - First babies change a woman. The love blossoms.

Cheri said...

Happy half birthday to Ashlyn! What cute baby pictures. How she's grown! XOX

Rachel Eve said...

I forgot how much dark, beautiful hair Ashlyn had as a baby!

Happy half birthday A-train!

Alaina said...

Ashlyn was the most precious little pixie. What a doll!

Corey, Sally, Ashlyn, and Ava said...

So... Ashlyn's NOT four and half yet! I didn't even question Corey's math when he told me she was. Hmmm... do we celebrate again on March 8th?