Friday, August 1, 2008

Back from the brink

I've received orders from Sally to send out the good news that everything is going well! Surgery day was a bit scary, and turned out to be longer than planned, but Sally has come through like the champ that she is. The nurses kept commenting on her low heartbeat, especially under stress. Nurses would say things like, "that's the runner in her doing that." Everyone should be proud of your friend/family/loved-one that Sally is. She is so incredibly strong and she is an inspiration to me and those around her I'm sure.

What Sally chose to do was a complicated decision. It made me very happy and proud of her seeing her resolve leading up to surgery. But what is even better than being with her through her research, decision making, and planning phases, is seeing the point of view she now has after going through the biggest hurdle. She 100% feels that she made the right decision. Even though she knew what she was getting into, there is no way to really know how you'll feel after going through something like that. I could not have married a stronger woman and mother for the girls.

So without further adieu, here's some tangible proof of the current state of Sally. Looking good, huh?!? On behalf of everyone who knows and loves Sally, thank you for being such a good friends and family to her right now.


Just before going in.
Ashlyn wanted to rest with Mom.



Who's the ugly guy messing up the picture?


Plenty of love to go around at this house!

Time for hospital discharge!


We love you Sally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















11 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm another witness. Sally's amazing! Her smile brightens the room. She's strong and has many friends and family who'd move heaven and earth for her. XOX

kendall said...

Whoa Sally, way to look good at Hospital discharge! When I was discharged from the hospital oh so many years ago I looked hideous. I'm so happy everything went so well! I love you both!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Wow! I bet it's such a relief to have this huge step over with! Congrats! You look wonderful, Sally! And what a sweet write-up from Corey! We love you all!

Matt and Lindsey said...

We're so glad that Sally is doing so well! We're still praying for her healing. Great pics!

Rachel Eve said...

Oh! Thank you so much for posting this! I'm so glad to hear/see that Sally is doing so well. I so admire her strength through all of this. I love you all and am keeping you in my prayers!

Unknown said...

You look amazing!!!! I'm so glad Corey posted this, It's so good to see you, I can't wait to see you in person and give you a hug! I miss you. You are such a stud, you look like you are ready for a run, I'll be right there with you when your ready, even if its a slow walk for the first 10 months. Keep up the speedy recovery, but please take advantage of this time to relax. We all love you so much and are so happy you made this decision to stay healthy. I can't wait until we can go on jogs together when were 80 in our wheelchairs, (but I guess that wouldn't be jogging, huh). Luv Ya!

Dr. T said...

Corey, thanks for publishing the post/update. Sally, you know I only have three words for you -- You Da Man! It's settled...forever. Thank you for the call. Before I break out with my rendition of a Bette Midler song ("did you ever know that you're my hero?"), I'll bid you TTFN...ta-ta for now. Rest up, my dear. See you soon! Sending all my love...XOXO always

NatAttack said...

What fabulous visual proof to see for ourselves--HOW does she manage to look that good!?!! I'm still praying daily for a speedy recovery and patience for all those involved. XOXO from the East!

Mary B said...

Sally is the most amazing person I know. Today - 10 days post-op - she kicked my butt at cycling class! What a WOMAN!

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

I have no clue what happened - hope your family is doing good and recovering. Lets get together one of these times.

wahawk capital management said...

I miss seeing you at work Sally! I'm happy to see that you are recovering well. Hopefully we can hang out soon. :)

Wu Tang!
Nick.