Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pat's Run!











I just got back a bit ago from Pat's Run and I couldn't be prouder of Mary and Tami! They did so great! It was awesome to see them cross the finish line with HUGE smiles on their faces! The official race results can be seen at http://www.patsrun.com/ or http://results.active.com/pages/page.jsp?eventID=1472467&pubID=3



They both finished with a pace of 9:50/mile! My first race, I had a 12 min. mile and it stayed that pace for forever! They are too fast! It was so nice to see Becky at the finish line. She pushed her THREE kids in a triple jogging stroller! I'd have a hard time just walking the block with that kind of resistance! I don't know how she does it! The weather was beautiful and I'm so glad we all did it! Corey and Ed, Tami's husband, met us at the finish line with the kids. There should be awards for spectator support! They have a pretty challenging job! Why don't they get a shirt? Maybe I'll have to get one made for Corey. Any design ideas? Well, good job at Pat's Run!



I also made a cake for my nephew's birthday party tonight and tried out my friend, Valerie's, fondant recipe. It's actually yummy! It tastes like a tootsie roll! It's supposed to be a barn, if you can't tell! They are having a farm theme in light of all their new animals (sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, turkeys...and so on). I am pretty happy with how this one turned out. Thanks, Val, for the recipe! Yay for all that Crisco!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, Sally! It was so great to see you, Mary, and Tami all at the race. I wish I could have hung out longer with you guys but I had to get back to my kiddo's. They had so much fun at the race, they were cheering everyone on! We always love to do the Pat Tillman race, good job everyone who did it! Sally, you are such a great runner, great job! Love ya! :)

Mary B said...

Is Sally the sweetest or what?! I'd have never even tried to be a runner if not for the shining example of my sweet marathon-running sister. Next up - Sally will lead the way to a 10K!

Cheri said...

Sally, you're such an inspiration to all who know you!!! Loved the pictures. I think Pat's run is a nice, healthy, and community- minded thing to do! Cool cake, too. XOX

Matt and Lindsey said...

Sally, the cake was awesome! You did a great job as usual! Thank you so much for spoiling us with your incredible baking skills and your inspiring creativity!

Anonymous said...

Go Sally! You are so awesome. Love to see all your updates!