Friday, January 25, 2008

Ashlyn and her Firefighters!





Ashlyn had her firefighter picnic today and LOVED it! When you ask her what her favorite part was, she says she liked riding in the firetruck (she got to sit in the cab, but it didn't go anywhere) and meeting "Tony, the firefighter!" Yes, one of the firefighters caught her attention. She said he was goofy (and she giggles when she says that! Um... she FOUR!). I am begining to think we'll lock her up in the house when she's 11 instead of 14, like I had originally planned! The Chandler Fire Dept. did a great presentation and were so nice to all the kids. Ashlyn wanted to know what she needed to do to become a firefighter woman and one of the firefighters was very informative. He gave all kinds of tips about doing good in school and eating healthy so she can be strong enough to be a firefighter. She was so cute when he was telling her all this, with a serious look on her face and she kept nodding intently like she was taking mental notes. She decided that's the career for her and her friend, Avery, wants to be a policeman... or a princess, she's still not sure. They talked about it all the way home from the park and decided they want to save people for their jobs! My cheeks hurt from smiling after that drive! They were so serious, discussing their future life plans! Oh, and she decided not to tell the firefighters that they're handsome. I'm not sure if she didn't think they were or not but she told me as soon as they showed up that she wasn't going to. She's a funny kid, isn't she?

4 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Oh my word, this is so funny! And she's FOUR!! I love their serious life planning in the backseat!

Mary B said...

Ashlyn is wise beyond her years. I didn't discover the raw, rugged beauty of firemen until I was in my late teens. I was a late bloomer. :)

kendall said...

This is the happiest thing I've read all day.

Rachel Eve said...

She sure has a mind of her own! What a cutie.