Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ragnar Relay

OK, so I just checked out what I'll be doing for that 180 mile relay in Feb. I just got really nervous! I'm runner number 11 (you can see the map of what I'll be doing on http://www.ragnarrelay.com/ ). My first leg will be 7.7 miles and is categorized as "hard." Um... what does that mean? Why do they use the word hard? That's not very nice! I think "challenging" or "rewarding" sounds better to me! My second leg sounds much happier. Listen to this... 2.9 miles and "easy." Doesn't that have a nicer ring to it? My last leg puts me as the second to last runner and is 4.2 miles and a "moderate" course, although after close to 24 hours of this race, moderate may be understated. I wonder if everyone is supposed to run into the finish line. Maybe that is the plan for the first runner who hasn't ran in a while. Hmmm... I hope I don't embarrass Corey because of this run! (His boss is how we got into this.) Actually, I hope I can walk after this!

2 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Believe me, you are not going to be embarrassing anyone! You are amazing!

Cheri said...

Good luck in the relay. A 24 hour race with 11 friends. That'll be an experience to tell about. You're brave!!!