Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Ava-My-Wava" is growing up!




Ava has just been blowing us away with her talking for last little bit. She communicates so well (sometimes, too well. She can get a little sassy!) But her crowning achievement has got to be her potty training. She has it DOWN! She LOVES her Dora panties and does a great job of keeping them dry with no help from her lazy-on-potty-training-mother! She has a crazy bladder and can hold it longer than Ashlyn! She also is sleeping in her big girl bed. She just gets up a lot to go potty at night which makes Mom and Dad tired and cranky. And believe me, we don't need help in that department! She really is so fun, though! Ashlyn is excited about her Firefighter picnic for school tomorrow and can't wait to tell the firemen she thinks they're handsome! She has a thing for firemen, I guess! She spots them in the grocery store and can tell it's a firefighter before the rest of us can! She wants to be a "fire-woman" when she grows up! Corey says as long as she can pass the physical, she's in! I'm still pushing for her to be doctor of some kind. Corey's been working hard! CYM football starts in march and I know he can't wait! I finished my hours at CRH and LOVED the experience! I have 7 classes going right now and am loving it but am really looking forward to being a PTA, especially after the observation hours! I really think this is my niche!

5 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

It's so exciting and satisfying to find your niche! Congratulations!

It's the cutest thing how little of the big-girl bed Ava takes up! She's so petite and darling! All your stories made me laugh so hard. I love that about Ashlyn and firemen. That is one four-year-old that knows what she wants!

Mary B said...

I love, love, love Ava's conversations! She's so funny!

Cheri said...

Wow, Ava is growing up fast...potty training sounds like a snap for her. She has a good example of a big sister! M. trained fast--must have been that great example of big brother C. Hmmm Good luck with your classes! You're busy. And isn't the 24 hour run coming soon? XOx

Alaina said...

Yay for potty training! You mean it can be that soon? I would love to get Adrie out of diapers... though getting up at night again would make ME cranky, too!

Rachel Eve said...

You have 7 classes?!?! Wow, you must be so busy!

Ava is so cute. She's really growing up fast!